About the IHC
The Center is committed and dedicated to:
1) preservation and promotion of our Italian heritage, culture and history;
2) maintaining a vital repository of and being an important resource for information about Italy and the Italian experience in America;
3) social, charitable, benevolent, and educational endeavors;
4) teaching the Italian language and the history of Italy and Italian immigration to Maine and offering instruction on the significant contributions Italians have made to the Arts, Sciences and Humanities; and
5) fostering the sharing & handing down of customs, traditions & cuisine from generation to generation.