ITALIAN HERITAGE CENTER
click here for IHC – 2013 scholarship application
The Italian Heritage Center Scholarship Awards attempt to meet two goals. Recognizing the value of higher learning, the scholarship itself seeks to encourage the continuing education of our members and their children. Secondly, the scholarship application process requires all applicants to consider their ethnic heritage and in this way continue to preserve its meaning. This year we will be awarding two $1,500.00 scholarships: one from the IHC and the Amato Scholarship in memory of Arduino and Celeste Reali, to qualified applicants.
- Anyone who has been an IHC member in good standing for at least one year, or the dependent of any such member is eligible.
- Past winners are not eligible to apply.
- The applicant must be continuing his/her education on a full time basis at an accredited institution of higher learning beyond high school.
- The chairperson assigns a number to each application and removes all references to the applicant’s name and family name. Only the chairperson knows the applicant’s identity and the chairperson does not vote.
- The Scholarship Committee members review all written applications, and give up to 10 points in six different categories.
- If the committee determines the need for semi-finalists, they are selected based on point total and interviewed by the committee.
- Award winners are selected from the total points earned from the application and interview (if necessary).
- If not selected, applicants are notified in writing.
- Scholarship Award winners are notified by phone and invited to the July general membership meeting to be recognized and to read their essays.
- All materials become the property of the IHC Scholarship Committee and are kept confidential.
- Only applications completed and submitted by the deadline of 5 PM, May 1, 2013 will be considered. A member of the committee will be present at the IHC to ensure that applications are not received after the deadline.
- Each applicant must assume responsibility for gathering and submitting all the information required in the 8-page application. Applications will not be accepted as complete unless all 8 pages are received. Recommendations can be submitted as an attachment.