ITALIAN HERITAGE CENTER ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIPS
Since its inception, the Italian Heritage Center Scholarship Awards have enabled numerous students to achieve their academic goals. Its mission is twofold: to encourage the continuing education of our members, their children, and IHC employees while inspiring all applicants to consider the influence of their ethnic heritage.
The IHC values the generous contributions of its members who support the scholarship program. These charitable and caring donors provide the finances for its annual awards. This year’s four scholarships have been donated by Dominic and Linda Reali, the Germani family, and the IHC. Thanks to their kindness and dedication, the IHC is able to continue its educational mission.
Many thanks too, to the many IHC Members who donated to the Scholarship this year.
- Anyone who has been an IHC member or associate member in good standing for at least one year or the dependent of any such member.
- Grandchildren of an IHC member or associate member in good standing for a minimum of five years.
- The applicant must be a student enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education on a full-time basis.
- Past winners are not eligible to apply while pursuing an undergraduate degree; however, a past IHC Scholarship winner who is currently a member in good standing and is seeking a postgraduate degree is eligible to apply for a second IHC-sponsored scholarship.
- A current employee of the Italian Heritage Center.
- The chairperson assigns a number to each application and removes all references to the applicant’s name. Since only the chairperson knows the applicant’s identity, the chairperson does not vote.
- A panel of educators reviews and scores all applications based on the established criteria.
- If the panel determines the need for semi-finalists, they are selected based on their point total and interview by the committee.
- Award winners are selected from the total points earned from the application and interview (if necessary).
- If not selected, applicants are notified in writing.
- Scholarship award winners are notified by phone and invited to the June general membership meeting for recognition and the reading of their essays.
- Each recipient will be awarded $1,500. Funds will be dispersed each semester in two equal installments of $750.00 with proof of enrollment documentation.
- All materials are kept confidential and become the property of the IHC Scholarship Committee. All materials are shredded following the selection of scholarship winners.
- All requirements including recommendation letters and other supporting documents must be completed and submitted by the deadline of 5:00 pm Thursday, June 1, 2023. A member of the committee will be present at the IHC to ensure that no application is accepted after the deadline.
Click the link below to download the scholarship application. Employees of the IHC must complete the IHC Employee Scholarship application.